SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw Review
If you are an experienced user in need of a circular saw with amazing features, this might be the saw you are looking for. With power, performance and its time-saver feature, this tool is a complete package. It has a 15 Ampere motor which provides a better service that SKILL 5680. If you’re fussy about precision like me, the single beam laser should meet your demands. Let’s have a closer look at SKILL Circular Saw so that you can have a better understanding of the product.
Features in a Nutshell
- The SKIL 5280-01 Circular Saw has a 15 Ampere motor which is more powerful than the previous SKILL 5680. Hence, it ensures high performance with less pressure.
- For more precise cuts, this saw comes with a single beam laser. It makes sure that the workpiece comes out as an absolute piece of art by lighting the area of the cut.
- It also has a carrying bag that is mobile and also provides for ample storage.
- The SKIL 5680 was quite heavy and difficult to handle. Again, compared to that, the SKIL 5280-01 is lightweight and does not cause much stress while handling it and even reduces fatigue.
- It has a bevel at 51° with a positive stop at half of right angles. This ensures a larger capacity to cut than that of SKIL 5680. It also provides you with a number of cut options.
- Changing of blades become easier because of the on-tool wrench and the spindle rock.
- It has a dust blower that is integrated and maintains cleanliness at the workspace.
What I Liked
Performance was my priority when I was looking for a saw. This SKIL Circular Saw comes with a 15Ampere motor that gives a brilliant output. It rips lumber in a matter of seconds and does that with absolute perfection. It can even rip goods in sheets to add to the beauty of a room in no time. I have used it for a lot of intricate cutting tasks and got good results every time.
The SKIL comes with an integrated dust blower that maintains cleanliness in the work space. It clears of sawdust from the line of cut. This maintains the hygiene of the place and the concentration of the mind in the workspace.
It has a bevel that bevels at 51° and has a positive stop at 45°. This gives a possibility of a variety of cutting options. Changing the blades become easier due to the on-tool wrench and the spindle lock features. It also boasts a single beam laser that illuminates the line of cut with near perfection.
What I Didn’t Like
The laser light seemed to me a bit inaccurate and also did not seem to light the line of cut with complete accuracy. But, this is purely based on what some customers have complained. As far as I am concerned, I have no issue with the laser light.
The SKIL 5280 is overall a very good improvement of the previous SKIL 5680. It is more enhanced, and power packed. It reduces stress as it’s an improved light weight tool over the earlier SKIL 5680. It is even quieter than its previous version. It maintains cleanliness with the help of the dust blower. This tool also provides a great flexibility with a rotatable bevel till 51° and easier blade changes. Even if the laser light causes any trouble, other features can make up for it.