Klein Tools MM200 Auto Ranging Multimeter Review
This auto-ranging Klein Tools MM200 Auto Ranging Multimeter is a killer of a multimeter. Most importantly handy and fast, this multimeter also has a thermocouple which is very helpful for reading temperatures. I am a DIY lover and needed exactly tool like this that would make my jobs easier without costing an arm and a leg. If you too are planning to buy it but unsure about its performance, let me help you.
Features in a Nutshell
- Firstly, it has an auto-ranging voltage. This greatly helps in figuring out what range to dial it in. A feature that I find the most helpful.
- It has a backlit display which is of immense importance in dark areas. It lights up the workspace in dark attics or other places like machine compartments. I’d say this was very thoughtful of the engineers.
- A multi capacitated tool that measures both AC/DC Voltage up to 600V and AC/DC current TO 10A. Along with that, this model also reads the resistance, temperature, capacitance and frequency.
- It is capable of testing diodes and even continuity. At a price like this, I wasn’t expecting a feature like this to be honest.
- There are electrical testers that are loaded with the recent amazing time-saving features. Thus, it can very aptly be said that Klein Tools MM200 Auto Ranging Multimeter is designed for electricians by electricians. A very innovative thought that was very rightly processed.
What I Liked
The feature that benefits me the most is the backlit display. This backlight makes it perfect for illumination in dark attics or closed machine cabinets. It also helps have a clearer view of your action while dealing with the intricate spots. This very aptly puts forth that the people at Klein manufacture every tool keeping the minutest of needs of professionals in mind.
This Klein Auto Ranging Multimeter has the capacity to check diodes and also continuity. It comes with electrical testers that are loaded with the most helpful feature. This is otherwise known as the time-saving feature. It is an innovative addition and comes in really handy when you’re handling bulk projects.
The Klein Multimeter gives an overall nice performance. Using the auto ranging feature, you can find out the range. Having the capacity to measure both AC/DC Voltage and current up to 600 Volts and 10 Ampere, respectively, it becomes really flexible. Besides this, it even boasts of measuring resistance, frequency, temperature and capacitance. All these technical specs helps you achieve the finesse in your work you always seek after.
Things I Didn’t Like
The one thing I did not like about it was its limit of age. It couldn’t seem to measure beyond 600 and blew up. This was a kind of offputting.
This tool can truly be a great companion for the serious electricians out there. Overall, Klein Tools MM200 Auto Ranging Multimeter is a good enough tool for its price. The features it offers is pretty decent for the money.. What it lacks in its limitations it more than makes up for it at other places. Along with the aforementioned features, it has some pretty awesome characteristics like the backlight display and the innovative time-saving technology. Well, that was my review on this product. I hope this will help you make the right decision for yourself.