Fluke 88V 1000V Automotive Multimeter Review
The Fluke 88V 1000V Automotive Multimeter is a must have for all automotive techs out there. Designed to solve any kind of issues fast and accurately, this multimeter is the best you can buy at its range. It is capable of functions including AC and DC Voltage. Using its auto hold feature, you can easily get stable readings with just a touch. It has functions of measurements and even troubleshooting features. It can ably solve almost about any issue with vehicles. Let’s dive down deep to know more about it.
Features in a Nutshell
• It can measure both AC and DC voltage of up to 1000V as well as AC and DC current. It can also measure resistance, capacitance, continuity and temperature.
• For the flexibility of the user, it has the manual as well as the auto ranging modes.
• You will not need to carry a separate instrument just to measure the temperature. It comes with a built-in thermometer that lets you take the temperature readings without the help of a separate instrument.
• It is capable of performing pulse width measurements which is specifically designed for fuel boosters.
• It has a maximum resistance of 50 Ohms. The Fluke Multimeter can also conduct diode tests.
• For easy view and setup, the automotive meter comes with a magnetic hanger. It is optional and lets you fasten the multimeter to steel surfaces. This way, you can get an easy and painless setup.
• It can take current measurements till 20 Ampere for half a minute and then 10 Ampere continuously. This way, it provides a decent stability.
• Designers have assembled it in such a way as to work in high energy domains. For example, around hybrid vehicles.
What I Liked
Fast and Secure
Besides the aforementioned features, this multimeter is designed in a way to enable professionals get speedy solutions to almost every issue related to vehicles. I wasn’t initially sure whether this one will perform as promised, given my bad experience with the previous model I owned. I was glad to be proven wrong. Designed to provide in high energy constraints, this tool is absolutely secure.
It has two operation modes- one manual and the other auto-ranging mode. It is capable of measuring AC as well as DC Voltage up to 1000 V and AC and DC current too. It also comes with a magnetic hanger that allows you to fasten the meter to steel surfaces. This leads to an easy setup that is as flexible as can be.
Maximum Measurements Capability
It measures AC/DC voltage as well as currents, resistance, frequency, capacitance and temperature. It can perform millisecond pulse width measurements. It comes with a built-in thermometer that allows you to take temperature readings without feeling the need to have a separate instrument do that. These are almost all the essential features one would require to deal with any technical problem in an automobile.
What I Didn’t Like
One thing I am unsure about is the molded plastic case. Even though it works fine so far, I am afraid it’s not going to put up for long.
The Fluke Multimeter takes the cake for being one of the most feature-packed multimeters at an affordable price.. With high-quality meters and efficient features, it commits to give you a satisfied experience. With tons of features that it provides, there is no denying that it is one of the most efficient multimeters in the market as well. Considering the ease of operation, even DIY users would greatly benefit from it.